Who We Are
The Cortland County Convention & Visitors Bureau (CCCVB) is the designated tourism promotion agency for Cortland County. It is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of representatives from the area's tourism industry and other tourism stakeholders, and employ a staff of talented tourism professionals, dedicated to promoting tourism in the county and surrounding areas.
The CCVB acts as the liaison between potential visitors, media, and the local travel industry, designing, developing and distributing tourist packages, engaging marketing campaigns, and collateral materials in order to enhance the general economy of Cortland County, its cities, town, and villages.
The Gateway to the Finger Lakes
With a wonderful collection of sites and attractions, restaurants and accommodations, and an abundance of recreational activities, Cortland County should be your next destination for fun and adventure. Cortland County is the Eastern Gateway to the Finger Lakes Region, located midway between Syracuse and Binghamton. The county can be reached via Interstate Route 81, and Routes 11 and 41 or Route 13 from Ithaca.
- 250 miles northwest of New York City
- 215 miles northwest of Philadelphia
- 195 miles east of Buffalo
Our proud heritage as a center of industrial and agricultural innovation creates the foundation on which our community now rests.
- Cortland (pop. 19,204) is the county seat for County County (pop. 49,336).
- First settled in 1791 and later incorporated as a city in 1900, Cortland because known as the "Crown City" because of its location on a plain formed by the convergence of seven valleys.
- Comprised of 15 towns and villages including Cincinnatus, Cuyler, Freetown, Harford, Homer, Lapeer, Marathon, McGraw, Preble, Scott, Solon, Taylor, Truxton, Virgil, and Willet.
- Once home to leading industry such as the Wickwire Brother wire weaving, Brockway Motor Company, and Smith Corona.
- Home to SUNY Cortland and Tompkins Cortland Community College.
In Cortland County you can find adventure, escape, relaxation, romance, and discovery - your vacation is what you make of it!