AXE ME 607
3931 West Road, Cortland
Your grandmother certainly would not approve. But what better way to chase away a bad day than to run screaming at it with an axe? All absurdity aside, if you're searching for a uniquely good time with friends, Axe Me 607 is the place to be.
Formerly Tag Me 607, owner/operator Walt Davis has embraced the craze that is taking the nation by storm. After months of thoughtful design and building, Axe Me 607 is ready for you to vent your frustrations in one of their 8 throwing lanes. Each comes equipped with two axes and 5 game suggestions. Feeling feisty? Challenge your besties to a round of Cricket, Axe Me style, where the first player to sink their axe three times into each number wins. Or what about a round of Humans vs. Zombies? This axe-throwing take on a classic cornhole game is great for a group.
Each lane is rented in 30, 60 and 90-minute blocks. This makes it perfect for a quick destress session after work or a fun night out with friends! All you need is some closed-toed shoes and a sense of adventure. No experience is necessary.
HOW TO THROW AN AXE IN 7 EASY STEPS
- Pick up the axe at the base of the handle with your dominant hand.
- Center your body in front of the target. Place your opposite foot (if you're right-handed, this would be your left foot) on the throwing line, with your right foot slightly behind you.
- Stretch your arm, holding the axe out in front of you to align your fist with the bullseye.
- Now, wrap your other hand around your dominant hand. This will help keep it straight and not tilt or rotate.
- Raise the axe back over your head, with both hands, rocking your weight onto your back foot.
- Swing forward smoothly, transferring your weight to your front foot and releasing the axe when the handle is vertical, and your arm fully extends toward the bullseye.
- Jump up and down in a celebratory dance when your axe hits its mark!
Does all that axe-throwing leave you feeling hungry as a lumberjack? Then you're in the right place. Owner of Smash Me 607, one of Cortland's favorite smash burgers, has opened up SmAxe featuring a hearty build-your-own-bowl menu.
Begin by choosing a base: bread, rice, mac and cheese, salad or baked potato. Then, choose one of four delicious barbecue-style proteins. Customize your creation with a cornucopia of toppings. Complete your culinary masterpiece by topping it all off with a sumptuous sauce. Our current personal favorite is the SmAxe Alfredo. Comprised of a hot potato topped with lemon garlic chicken and broccoli smothered in garlic butter and housemade creamy alfredo sauce, it's sure to keep the hunger at bay so you can focus on winning your game.
To book online to ensure your lane is ready when you are, visit Axe Me 607 at Square Space or call (607) 299-4124. Walk-ins are welcome.
Share your Cortland County adventures with us for a chance to be featured! Tag @experiencecortland607 and use hashtag #experiencecortland.