UPDATED: March 23, 2020
The Cortland County Convention and Visitors Bureau is closely monitoring the situation surrounding COVID-19, and is in regular communication with industry leaders to stay abreast of the news, protocol and to share updates.
On March 16, 2020, New York State announced restrictions on commercial activity and halted non-essential business operations, in order to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus in the area. These restrictions will remain in place until further notice. Bars and restaurants are closed, but takeout can be ordered during the period of closure. Casinos, gyms and theaters are closed until further notice, and only services and businesses that are essential stay open after 8 p.m., including grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacies and medical facilities.
CVB UPDATED OFFICE HOURS
The Cortland CVB will be closed as a safety measure due to concerns about COVID-19. We can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to locate a specific contact.
We are in close communication with our tourism partners to provide updates if activities and events are postponed or cancelled. Please check our Events Calendar and Facebook page for news, or for the most up-to-date information on the status of an attraction or event, check the venue's main web page.
The Cortland County CVB encourages people to take common sense precautions to prevent the spread of all infectious diseases.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
Cortland County Health & Human Services
New York Department of Healthy & Human Services
CDC Recommendations for Travelers
American Hotel & Lodging Association
National Restaurant Association
For general questions regarding the Coronavirus, call the New York Department of Health’s toll-free Novel Coronavius Hotline at 1-88-364-3065.
If at any time the Cortland County CVB receives new guidance from the CDC, Cortland County or the State of New York, we will promptly update this page.