The Cortland County Convention and Visitors Bureau is pleased to announce the winning photographs of the 2019 'I Love Cortland County' Photo Contest!
Over 60 photos were submitted in the 2019 “I Love Cortland County” Photography Contest, held by the Cortland County Convention & Visitors Bureau in celebration of National Travel + Tourism Week. Last night, at an Awards Reception held at the Center for the Arts of Homer, the winners were announced and celebrated.
The Cortland County Convention and Visitors Bureau is pleased to announce the “I Love Cortland County” photography contest winners, as voted by an independent selection committee.
Youth Division (Under 18 years of age)
- First Place: Katelyn Vogel, Age 14, Homer; Photo: Lime Hollow Nature Center
- Second Place: Ashlynn Holcomb, Age 15, Homer; Photo: Anchor at Dwyer Park
- Third Place: Katelyn Vogel, Age 14, Homer; Photo: Dandelions at Byrne Dairy
- First Place: Carrie Hall, Marathon; Photo: Cortland Water Works
- Second Place: David Spaulding, Cortland; Photo: Back Roads, Pendleton Street Extension
- Third Place: Amy Hamilton, Preble; Photo: Winter in Preble
- First Place: Kita Roberts, Pass the Sushi Photography; Photo: Tinker Falls
- Second Place: Christa Boyce, Capturing His Creation Photography; Photo: Cooper Hill Maple
- Third Place: Kita Roberts, Pass the Sushi Photography; Photo: Footies Freez
“Cortland County is full of beautiful locations and exciting events, and we wanted to recognize these great assets as seen through the eyes of the people who live in and visit our county,” said Meghan Lawton, Executive Director of the Convention & Visitors Bureau. “We are thrilled with the results of this photography contest, and are pleased to be able to utilize the submitted photos in our tourism marketing efforts moving forward. We’d like to extend warm congratulations to all the selected winners and a hearty thank-you to all those who submitted photos and shared what they love about Cortland County!”
The Cortland County Convention & Visitors Bureau’s purpose is to enhance the general economy of Cortland County, its cities, towns and villages, through promotion of tourist activities, conventions, trade shows, special events and other directly related and supporting activities. The CVB is the official Tourism Promotion Agency for Cortland County.
We encourage everyone to continue contributing content to show what Cortland County has to offer! Tag @experiencecortland or #experiencecortland to share your wonderful images with us for a chance to be featured.
Photo Credit: Katelyn Vogel
Photo Credit: Carrie Hall
Photo Credit: Kita Roberts (Pass the Sushi Photography)