Read below for contest rules and submission information.
- Limit five (5) entries per person.
- Entry is limited to one (1) category. Categories are:
- Youth (under 18)
- Amateur Photographer
- Professional Photographer
- Pictures must be taken in Cortland County (please provide approximate date and location).
- Pictures should be in color and must be high resolution.
- Stylized/filtered pictures are acceptable.
- All work must be your own.
- Entrants do not have to be residents of Cortland County.
- There is no cost to enter the contest.
- All Youth Category entrants’ submissions must include permission of a parent/guardian.
- All entries must include full name, address, phone number and email address.
- Cortland County Convention and Visitors Bureau reserves the right to use any/all picture submitted for marketing and promotional materials. Pictures will be credited to the photographer and/or photography business.
Submitted photos should be of Cortland County’s beautiful natural landscape, fun tourist-centric events, tourism attractions and businesses, or anything distinctly Cortland County that would inspire people from around the world to visit.
The photo submission period begins on Sunday May 5th, the official start of Cortland County Travel + Tourism Week. An annual tradition established by a Congressional Resolution in 1983, Travel + Tourism Week is a nationwide week of events that serve to champion the power of the travel and tourism industry. As proclaimed by the Cortland County Legislature, Travel + Tourism week in Cortland County is May 5-11, 2019.
The deadline to submit photos is 12:00 Noon on Friday, May 24th, 2019. Submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or delivered on a CD or thumb drive to the CVB office, located at 37 Church Street, Cortland, NY, between the hours of 9am-4pm Monday-Friday. Please complete an entry form and hand in with your submissions.WINNERS & PRIZES
Winners will be announced at a reception on June 19. Selected pictures may be used in upcoming promotional and marketing materials that are distributed to hundreds of thousands of tourists worldwide who want to see the beauty of Cortland County, including the 2020 Cortland County Visitors Guide. Winners in each category will also receive a gift card to a tourism business/attraction of their choosing in Cortland County.
- First Place, $75 Gift Card
- Second Place, $50 Gift Card
- Third Place, $25 Gift Card
Any questions should be directed to the Cortland County Convention & Visitors Bureau.
The Cortland County Convention & Visitors Bureau’s purpose is to enhance the general economy of Cortland County, its cities, towns and villages, through promotion of tourist activities, conventions, trade shows, special events and other directly related and supporting activities. The CVB is the official Tourism Promotion Agency for Cortland County.
The CVB office is located at 37 Church Street, Cortland, NY. For more information on the Cortland County Convention & Visitors Bureau, please call (607) 753-8463, visit us on the web at www.experiencecortland.com, or follow us on our social media channels @experiencecortland.
By entering your photo, you grant the Cortland County Convention & Visitors Bureau the non-exclusive right to duplicate, copy, and reproduce the photo for any purpose at any time in any media. The winners consent to the use of their photo, name and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by the CCCVB, without compensation. The CCCVB can terminate or modify any part of the contest at any time for any reason, and may disqualify anyone who violates the Official Rules.
Share your Cortland County adventures with us for a chance to be featured! Tag @experiencecortland and use hashtag #experiencecortland.