Now that you're down to just a few shopping days until Christmas, shoving a few bills in a card might seem like your only option, but Cortland County is filled with local shops and businesses that will make you the favorite during the holidays!
We've put together a procrastinator's guide to last-minute holiday shopping in Cortland County! Check out this holiday gift guide to all the best experiences, locally made art, crafts, treats, artisanal beverages, and local boutiques to help you find the perfect gift for everyone on your list.
GIFTS FOR HER
- Purchase her some ladies' apparel or accessories (or a gift card, fellas) from Bev & Co. From a comfy winter sweater to a pair of shiny earrings, body lotion sets to stocking stuffer trinkets; you're guaranteed to make a majority of women in your life happy this holiday.
- Do you know someone who loves farmhouse décor? Grab some unique household items at Willow Lane Farmhouse, Truxton Outpost or Olde Homer House.
- Pamper the special lady in your life with a gift certificate to Waterfalls Spa at Hope Lake Lodge. Along with its full-service salon, the luxurious resort spa offers a wide array of services, including, but not limited to, massages, pedicures and manicures, and facials.
- The more, the merrier when it comes to Christmas treats, so pick her up some tasty goodies from Sinfully Sweet Café in Homer, East Side Bakery or Frosted if you're in Cortland.
- Support her caffeine habit with one of the best gifts for coffee lovers out there! Coffee. Stock up on bags of fresh blends from Coffee Mania or BRU64. Don't forget to throw in one of their cute travel mugs.
GIFTS FOR HIM
- Get him out of the house with a golf course gift certificate at one of the five public courses in Cortland County: Elm Tree Golf Course, Knickerbocker Country Club, Maple Hill Golf Club, Walden Oaks Country Club, and Willowbrook Golf Club.
- You can't go wrong with some unique New York State spirits from Brand Y Distillery. Cortland Beer Company also carries its own vodka, gin, and whiskey, along with growlers and cans to go of their brews.
- Outfit him with some warm local clothes from Homer Men & Boys, Inc.
- For the hungry man in your life, grab some bites from Central City Bar & Grill or BRIX Pubaria, or better yet, supply him with some meats for grilling season with a gift certificate to Cobblestone Valley Farm.
GIFTS FOR KIDS
- If your kids love adventure, purchase a gift certificate to the Greek Peak Adventure Center, where they can soar through the sky on a Zip Line Tour and dip and swerve on the Nor'Easter Mountain Coaster!
- Splish splash your way into your kids' hearts with a trip to the Cascades Indoor Waterpark at Hope Lake Lodge. Watch them tire themselves out on over 500 feet of water slides while you relax in the hot tub and heated indoor/outdoor pool.
- Ahoy, mateys! Treat your kids to a full day at Shipwreck Amusements. The amusement center boasts both indoor and outdoor mini golf courses, a target paintball area, bounce houses, an ice cream parlor, and an arcade.
- Find some unique toys and games at Area 51!
GIFTS OF OUT OF TOWNERS
- Gift the gift of a lift! Buy a gift card from SkiCNY that they can use to ski both Labrador and Song Mountains!
- Purchase a 'Where's Homer NY?' t-shirt at Homer Men & Boys, Inc in the Village of Homer. They have a large selection of colors to choose from.
- The county has a tremendous number of local restaurants that offer gift certificates, like Green Arch, Rex's Pasta, and Community Restaurant.
- Surprise your guests with tickets to an upcoming live music performance at the Center for the Arts of Homer. If theatre is more their style, Cortland Repertory Theatre has a fantastic lineup of musicals and plays lined up for the 2024 summer season.
Share your Cortland County holiday adventures with us for a chance to be featured! Tag @experiencecortland607 and use hashtag #experiencecortland.