Marathon, NY 13803
Cherry Knoll Farm was settled in approximately 1850 by Lester Hall and has been family-owned since. Originally a 141 acre dairy farm plus a 13 acre wood lot; the farm was named for the grove of black cherry trees that stood on the knoll near the edge of the property. The original plank house, framed with hand-hewn beams and having been remodeled several times, still stands today and is the home of Terry K. Perfetti, the winemaker, a sixth-generation family member.
Originally a dairy farm, the land has been used for fruits, vegetables and grain in recent decades – during the years 1982 to 1983 there were fields of asparagus, strawberries and raspberries – the first blueberries were planted in 1985. Currently Cherry Knoll Farm produces only blueberries. These blueberries are used for making blueberry juice, 6 blueberry wines and blueberry wine vinegar.
The blueberry field is also open to the public for U-Pick customers.